Besseggen Hiking Trail Fossbergom Norway
Besseggen , or Besseggi , is a mountain ridge in Vågå kommune in Oppland county, Norway. Besseggen lies east in Jotunheimen , between the lakes Gjende and Bessvatnet . The walk over Besseggen is one of the most popular mountain hikes in Norway.... Get to know how much would be the Trip Cost from Oslo to Besseggen. *The directions given below are approximate. Road Conditions, Temporary Road diversions, Local on road events can affect directions!
The Historical Hiking Route in Jotunheimen Jotunheimen
Hike the Besseggen Ridge. Besseggen Ridge Staging Area. List. This Norway hike follows a ridge that has incredible views of glacial lakes surrounded by peaks on both sides. To do this trail as a loop, you'll need to take a ferry as either the first leg of your trip, or the last leg. You can hike from Gjendesheim to Memurubu, and take the ferry back to Gjendesheim, or the other way around. The... The start or finish of the Besseggen ridge is located at Gjendesheim, on the eastern end of lake Gjende and Jotunheimen national park itself. Here you’ll find a full service DNT hut, a small shop/cafe, toilets, the ferry boat, and parking area.
Besseggen is Norway's most frequently executed mountain hike with over 30.000 visitors completing the hike annually. On the ridge you can enjoy the famous views over the emerald green Gjende lake (984 metres above sea level) and the deep blue Lake Bessvatnet (1,373 metres above sea level). how to fix a pool light With lakes on both sides of the ridge (one a few hundred meters higher than the other), this hike offers some spectacular views. Besseggen Ridge is said to be molded by Thor. Besseggen Ridge is said to be molded by Thor.
The Besseggen Ridge Hike in Norway Jotunheimen National
Hiking the Besseggen Ridge – Jotunheimen national park, Norway Photo: Lake Gjende and Bessvatnet from Besseggen ridge, Jotunheimen national park, Norway The Besseggen ridge hike is one of the most popular in Norway, with some 30,000 people making the … how to get rid of smell in fridge freezer The start or finish of the Besseggen ridge is located at Gjendesheim, on the eastern end of lake Gjende and Jotunheimen national park itself. Here you’ll find a full service DNT hut, a small shop/cafe, toilets, the ferry boat, and parking area.
How long can it take?
Besseggen Hiking Trail Fossbergom Norway
- “Day 3…hiking the Besseggen Ridge…Memurubu to Gjendesheim
- 7 Tips About Hiking Besseggen The Most Spectacular Hike in
- Besseggen Wikipedia
- The Besseggen Ridge in Jotunheimen Visit Norway
How To Get To Besseggen Ridge
Another sight you’ll pass is the famous Besseggen Ridge between the colourful alpine lakes Gjende and Bessvatnet. Make sure to check road conditions during the winter season. Make sure to check road conditions during the winter season.
- Besseggen is a loop with a ferry section. You walk between Memurubu and Gjendesheim. Both offer lodges and camping. Independent hikers tend to camp outside the official campground area at either.
- So here I was, just getting off the Ferry from Gjendesheim to Memurubu, ready to hike the Besseggen Ridge, one of the most famous hiking destinations in Norway and a part of the Jotunheimen national park. Hiking Besseggen you have the option to start at Gjendesheim and do the hike to Memurubu and catch the boat back or do as I did, take the boat to Memurubu and hike back to Gjendesheim. I had
- The Besseggen ridge goes along the Gjende lake, which is at about 1000 meters above sea level. The highest point of the ridge is about 1750 meters, and just before the steepest climb to the top, there is the Bessvatn lake, which is separated from the Gjende lake about 400 meters below by a thin wall of rock. It is perhaps the most spectacular and the most well known scenery of the hike.
- According to the myths, the ridge was forged by Thor on the anvil of the earth. Besseggen is one of the most classic hikes in Norway, and the view towards the lake of Gjende's tourquoise waters is humbling and breath-taking. The Besseggen ridge itself is just a short part of about one kilometer of the complete 14 km long track, but it’s situated right in the middle of the tour. This trail is