Would The Prius Get Better Gas Mileage If It Weighed Less?
I have been turning my gas mileage “upside down” that is getting better mpg numbers in light traffic city driving than the car gets on the highway for quite some time now. If you look far ahead and drive so that you hardly ever NEED to brake, then the benefits of a hybrid car largely become moot.... 13/10/2016 · Up to an EPA-estimated 58 mpg 16 years of Prius Aerodynamic exterior This beauty is more than skin deep. The striking look of Prius has been engineered to help it easily slip through the wind.
Toyota Prius scores best gas mileage of any car Consumer
Gas mileage starts to take a dip when you reach 60mph, and really plunges when you get above 70. Keep optimal pressure in all your tires. The lighter the better.... Q: I have an idea for a story in your magazine. I was thinking you guys could buy a Prius and pull the batteries and anything at all related to the hybrid portion of the car.
Prius-ing for Dummies beginner Prius mileage tips - Blogger
A Prius will get its poorest gas mileage until it has warmed up several minutes after starting it. Combine errands to reduce the number of warm-ups you’ll do to your vehicle. Use your Prius on warmer days rather than on cold when possible. The air is less dense and will produce less air resistance. how to fix windows 10 wrong clock 19/06/2010 · Although the Prius is classified as a mid-sized vehicle it is designed primarily for the urban environment. Nevertheless there are a few actions you can take to get better fuel economy when highway driving.
How to Drive a Toyota Prius (with Pictures) wikiHow
In the suburbs, where I can get stretches of 45-50 mph driving, I get mileage 50-60 mpg. And, on the highway, I easily get the EPA mpg of 51 or better. As for leaving the statement in the article, I'm fine with that if you can how to get better at reading sheet music The corvette didn't get better mileage. The corvette used 1.4 gallons and the Prius used 1.08 gallons. Your right, and that margin would widen on an even longer trip.
How long can it take?
2007 Toyota Prius Real-World Mileage News Cars.com
- Gas Mileage of 2016 Toyota Prius fueleconomy.gov
- Poor mpg from Prius Car Talk Community
- How Do I Improve MPG in a 6 Liter Silverado? It Still Runs
- Why I Drive a Prius or 61 miles per gallon feels good
How To Drive A Prius To Get Better Gas Mileage
The 2008 Prius came in one version which had an EPA estimated 45 MPG highway and 48 MPG city. It is typical for hybrids to have better fuel economy in the city rather than on the highway.
- The Prius actually seems to get better mileage when going up and down a lot of small hills. Note: Although V8Cobrakid's suggestions may be useful, I don't think driving style can make enough difference to explain your low mpg numbers.
- When I drive it, I average 44 to 48 mpg. I'd say that's probably around 70% city streets though. Bear in mind that the Prius gets better economy on city streets than on highways. However my wife commutes into LA from Orange County a couple times a week and gets around 62 mpg on those trips with ease. I guess her light foot coupled with slow speeds in the commuting hours really pays dividends.
- The Prius gets about 30-35 MPG for the first 5 minutes of driving. It goes up to 40's for a few minutes more. It seems to peak at efficiency after 10 minutes of drive time. You'll probably find a conventional car will probably fare far worse for trips that short.
- How to Get the Best Gas Mileage in a Prius by Laura Madison Laura Madison from Toyota of Bozeman in Bozeman, Montana gives you recommendations on how to get the best fuel economy in the Toyota Prius.